Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Feliz Navidad!

This week was incredible! 

So Yami is almost to her baptism! She is totally prepared and excited! She got introduced into Young Womens at new beginnings and she loved it. The only struggle is that she still gets headaches from no coffee. At our last lesson she said "My head hurts from all the Wisdom!" We were dying laughing but turns out...she was serious. She calls the word of wisdom "living with wisdom". LOVE IT. 

We found the best new investigator! His name is Luis and he's like 30. SUPER nice person. It's insane. He would be the best addition to our branch. He has a bunch of mormon friends who he respects a lot. And yesterday he spent the day reading the book of mormon for the first time. The only down fall is that one of his friends left the church and keeps telling him not to do it. So pray for Luis and that he can recognize the spirit!

We had a great miracle this week. We pulled up to some trailers to try a former and they weren't home. We felt like we should still be there so we got out of the car. I pointed to a trailer and thought that might be it. One of my comps said they knew that person already. They weren't interested at all. I felt that we should probably go anyway, and it wasn't long before  my comp felt the same. So we tried it and I basically said "I haven't met you before, and I heard you aren't interested in meeting with us at all! But we felt like we should come talk to you, so I'm guessing you know someone who does need to meet with us." And boom. just like that we got an appointment with her depressed friend and a referral to try her neighbor. I am SO  lucky to have comps who follow the spirit and SO grateful that we aren't in this work alone. If it weren't for the help of the holy ghost we would go nowhere. 

Also, it SNOWWEEED. SO MUCH. Like 9 inches. We woke up and the world was white. Way more snow than santa fe got all winter and it's april! It was crazy. We had to stay in because we have a dumb Malibu. (btw malibus are so high maintenance.) So we studied and organized stuff all day. And of course we took a break to build a snow investigator lol.

Finally, can I just say that I love my family? I got talking about my grandparents and the cousins and my siblings and I realized how awesome you all are and how LUCKY we are to have eachother. Isn't it amazing that we will ALWAYS have eachother? Traditions and things and fun memories and cool places come and go. Everything in life comes to an end. The only thing that we never have to lose is the eternal relationships that we are building. I when good times come to an end I never have to worry because i KNOW that I will always have the most important thing to me. I never have to lose you guys! That is the most precious thing in the whole entire world. Just think for a minute how sad it would be to lose your loved ones, and then realize that you NEVER WILL as long as we are keeping the commandments and the covenants we made in the temple. The gospel is SO beautiful!!!!

The best part of being a missionary is sharing this knowledge. The only way to have this kind of peace is through the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ. So many people tell us "There is one God so who cares what church you go to?". Well if there is one God, wouldn't he have one gospel? And if all of the churches are teaching different things....which is right? Which one has all of the things that Jesus established in the Bible? If you don't know with surety which church is right, I encourage you to make finding out a top priority. There is a true gospel and it is directly from Jesus Christ. And it is only through Him that we can obtain salvation with our FAMILIES! Such a happy thing!

I love you all so much!!! 

xoxoxox

this is my comp hiding from our investigator who is in love with her. lol....don't worry president approved this. 


Also...that is me getting a bug out of my hair. Thought it summed Santa fe up pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment