Monday, September 11, 2017

GLORIOUS!

Hola Familia! 

I have riddle for you: I'm thinking of a person who is 1. Kinda Short  2. Was on American Idol  3. Is basically Justin Bieber for Mormons and 4. CAME TO OUR TINY BRANCH ON SUNDAY

That's right. David Archuleta came to our branch for church!!!! I was shaking hands before church and all of these white people came into the back. I thought they might need translators so I went to talk to them. I shook all of their hands, asked their names, and when David said his name I said AS IN DAVID ARCHULETA?? and he's like..."yes?". And then I tried to be casual but it was more like weird missionary. Then I texted our branch president and told him not to freak out....but he freaked out. He went up to David after the meeting and sang...to his face..." It's GLLOOORRRIIOOUUSSS to meet you." David didn't think it was funny. At all. 

Anyway. The best part of all of that is that they bumped our sacrament count from 40 to 50!

Couple more, less significant updates:

-Not getting transferred and sticking with hermana Wallis!

-We found another 10 news this week! Heavenly Father is so good to us! Now we just have to figure out how to teach all these people and get them to progress.

-Douglas fell in love with hermana Wallis so I got to deal with that drama. People always fall in love with her!!! Anyway....I told Douglas the rules on an emergency exchange and he agreed. He also said he wants to read the whole Book of Mormon! So stoked for him! Also he is crazy wise about the Bible. Keeps us on our toes!

-We found the greatest family of all time! They have the cutest little boys:) AND THEY CAME TO CHURCH!!!! it was so fun. The branch LOVED them. Hopefully we see them enter the waters pretty soon!

-Just getting prepped for Luis' baptism today! We are SO EXCITED! All of Santa Fe is coming to support him. He thinks nobody is coming. He keeps saying "if it's just us and president I'll be happy!" and we tell him that EVERYONE is coming and he doesn't believe us! Such a humble man. He's in for a treat haha.

-We went to this place called "The Plaza" last week for P-day. IT WAS SO COOL! I was in heaven! So much art and weird things. We talked to tons of people! We even found some very less active people and some formers who picked us out of crowds. The best part was meeting some West African Brothers!!!! It was so cool! We started talking an I got bargaining with them on their paintings and they thought it was the darndest thing! They freaked out and gave me the painting for free.:) So Sweet!

So the most spiritual part of my week was asking Luis why he finally decided to get baptized. He said that he was at the temple helping plant flowers and he looked around at an ocean of happy people. He said he wanted that...and he realized that the missionaries (us) had already told him exactly how to get it! The next day we went over and taught him about his true relationship with Heavenly Father. He said "When you put it this way, I think it's selfish of me to not live the commandments and get baptized!" So he finally decided to think about it that night. He was pondering the decision when he got a text from us telling him how much Heavenly Father loves him and wants to hear from him. Then for the first time he decided he would try and ask God what he should do. As he did he felt that he should be baptized without delay. 


Well that's about it for today! LOVE YOU ALL!!!

xoxoxox

pics:


Holding squirrils at our recent convert Britney's house

A member gave us this tuna salad....so we put it under our car during church cause we didn't want it to stink up the car. and then we forgot and ran it over. And of all the pictures I could have taken on the day that David came to our church...this is the only one I got.

No comments:

Post a Comment